RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM

Never Blame any Day In Your Life. Good Days Give You Happiness. Bad Days Give You Experience. Both Are Essential In Life. All Are God's Blessings.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChaT
Latest topics
» The Girl Next Door
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm by Anjali

» The Role Play
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:37 pm by Lekha

» Yealae Yealae Dosthu Da Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm by Selection

» Vaan Engum Nee Minna Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm by Selection

» Othaiyila Ulagam Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm by Selection

» Kadal Naan Thaan Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm by Selection

» Ennai Saaithaale Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm by Selection

» Oru Nodi Piriyavum Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Selection

» Kooda Mella Kooda Vachi Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm by Selection

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShaiLa

ShaiLa

An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Empty
PostSubject: An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~    An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Thursday evening, as usual I finished-up my homework early and sat down waiting for mom to give me something to munch-on. I was getting late for my tuition class for which I had to travel around 4 km and spend 4 rupees on Auto-rickshaw everyday.Mom never fails to give me 10 rupee a day, 8 rupee being spent on auto; I manage to save 2 rupee each day only to spend it on snacks with my friends during class recess.

While I was having snacks door bell rang. Mom rushed to see who it is. No surprise, It’s my maternal uncle who is a frequent visitor to my home for no specific reason. Mom too likes gossips so was happy to see him. Mamaji(uncle) asked me about studies so, like a sincere boy I replied “it’s going fine Mamaji”. Clock was ticking so I thought better to rush from there; “Mamaji I am getting late will tell every thing after coming back from tuition” I said and started towards Auto rickshaw stand which was at a walkable distance.

In Varanasi Auto rickshaws run on sharing basis that is why it was quite economical.You could easily see drivers yelling to attract passengers, I noticed one driver wasshouting”Cant…Cant…Cant”, it is the place where I go for coaching class.

This Rickshaw was almost filled but the driver somehow managed to make place for one more and pushed me into it. Any other auto would take more time to fill so I agreed to get into.

I sat with 4 passengers; one out of four was a girl. She probably too was going to the some class as I could notice a school bag on her lap. Two were from my colony as I recognized them but I think they didn’t, because they didn’t respond to my smile. Fourth one in ragged cloths looked very weird to me, he smelled very badly like drunken. I murmured “How come people drink alcohol in mid day” it was hardly 2:30 PM. The girl next to me said “what did you say?”.” Nothing” I replied.

I like sitting on corner seat and this time being the last person to step in I was lucky to get the left most seat. Offering a silent prayer to the roadside temples or watching any strange thing, until it goes off my sight, was my usual time pass.
After traveling around 1 KM rickshaw stops and that weirdo gets down and walking. Seeing him move, driver stopped him and asked if he’s forgetting something. He took some time and said “I am sorry; I don’t have money to pay you”. Now its time for the driver to start abusing this fellow, “you people have all the money for your daily drinks but not for auto fare, why did you get into my Auto if you did not have money” driver shouted in anger. We all were surprised to see this person who was not even listening to his words. Seeing his words falling to the deaf ears driver thought better to move on and started. What followed was the discussion about that person and people like him in general. One of us suggested the driver “never pick the person like this”, I also nodded in consent.

After few stoppages I realized something which sent shiver down my spine. I had no money. In no time I started searching all over only to find a pen in my shirt front pocket. “Oh my God” this suddenly came out as word, catching other’s attention. “What happened beta?” one person asked. Nothing, I said, it is the easiest answer when you don’t want to answer anybody. I realized how I forget to take money from Mom today and unfortunately I don’t have single Rupee either.

Suddenly the incident of that drunken person was flashing on me, “I thought the same scene would be repeated on me. What am I going to do now, how would I explain this to already irritated driver, he won’t listen anything. Oh my God I am screwed up.” Thoughts like these started pouring into my mind. I was not able to think any solution. Only thing coming to my mind was the consequence.

Again I started thinking “He will abuse me in front of these people, specially this girl with whom I was trying to look studious and sincere, these people would talk the same things about me too as they talked about that drunken guy.Now the road side scenes were irritating me, every single passing thing was bringing me near to the embarrassment which I am going to deal with.I was clueless, “All is because of Mama (ji was eliminated), if he hadn’t come mom would never forget to give me money” I said to myself.

Being shy by nature, the idea of borrowing money from any body present was ruled out.A better option was to get friendly with the driver, thinking this I started a friendly conversation with him.”Where do you live Bhaiya?” I asked. “I live in Sarnath” he replied. “Do you run Auto on this route everyday? No every other day “he said.”He would not agree if I ask him to take the fare next day” I thought.Continuing the conversation, he said “Did you see Bhaiya what kind of persons now live in Varanasi, they hire Auto without carrying money in pocket ”

“You are going to see one more person soon” I uttered silently. My idea of getting familiar with driver seemed flop.My destination was approaching fast, before any other idea could come to my mind; I reached “Cant”. I was the only person who had to get down, others were going to next stop which is “Sigra”, so I was not having the option of letting other passenger go and tackle with the driver alone.

“Bhaiya get down” driver said.With a blank mind I was almost sweating, stepped out of the rickshaw I stood on road side with my head facing down, suddenly I saw something, I tried to see it clearly, it was the 10 Rs crumpled note partially covered with dust. Without letting anybody notice I picked it up, removed dust and proudly handed it to driver “Yeh lijiye Bhaiya” I said.

An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~  Onroad10
Back to top Go down

An Unusual Day – Real Story ~~~
Page 1 of 1