RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM

Never Blame any Day In Your Life. Good Days Give You Happiness. Bad Days Give You Experience. Both Are Essential In Life. All Are God's Blessings.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChaT
Latest topics
» The Girl Next Door
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm by Anjali

» The Role Play
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:37 pm by Lekha

» Yealae Yealae Dosthu Da Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm by Selection

» Vaan Engum Nee Minna Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm by Selection

» Othaiyila Ulagam Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm by Selection

» Kadal Naan Thaan Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm by Selection

» Ennai Saaithaale Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm by Selection

» Oru Nodi Piriyavum Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Selection

» Kooda Mella Kooda Vachi Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm by Selection

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Live your Life to the last second

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anjali

Anjali

Live your Life to the last second Empty
PostSubject: Live your Life to the last second   Live your Life to the last second Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:07 pm

The obituary page had my name and photo in it. It wasn't too good a snap of me, I thought, as I looked at it absent-mindedly. And then I gave a cry of terror, "What's my photo doing in the death column?" I remembered, sharp chest pain last night. I looked around, it was morning but my coffee had not been made. People were entering the house and walking through the bedroom door. I walked in and looked on the bed. There I was, all laid out dead.

People stared at me, not many were crying, and some, I noticed, looked relieved. "Listen," I shouted, "I'm here, I'm okay, and I'm not dead." Nobody heard me. They were all looking at the me on the bed. I walked back into the sitting room. The coffin had arrived. It was being set up in the center. I watched them carry my body and put it in.

"I'm not ready to go as yet," I shouted, "I still have work to do. Don't bury me, before I'm ready!"

I looked around. "Where's my family?" I asked myself. They were in the next room, weeping. "I'm not dead," I shouted to my wife and children. They continued to weep. "How can I go before telling you I love you?" I asked my wife. "How can I go, before hugging you both?" I asked my children. I wept with them.

The singing was coming from the next room. I walked in as they sang my favourite songs. There were tears in the eyes of one of the men as he sang. "But we haven't talked to each other for years, "I said to him. "Why are you crying? Come on, shake my hand and let's make up." The man continued crying as he sang. He did not see my extended hand.

My dog walked up and smelt my coffin. She didn't seem too shattered I was no more. "I guess I was too strict with you," I told her, "Come, let me pet you." The dog yawned as it stretched out and fell asleep.

The singing stopped as the priest came in. He sat next to the man who was crying and leaned to talk to him. I went close to hear what he was asking. "Is there anything good," he asked, " the dead man did in his life time?" The man who was crying shook his head sadly. There was a hush as my wife walked into the room.

"She looks beautiful," I thought. "You look beautiful!" I shouted. She did not hear my words. She had never heard them before, because I had never said them.

"God!" I screamed in agony, "A little more time to do all the things I should have done!" I watched as they lifted my coffin and carried it to the hearse outside. My dog did not bother getting up from deep sleep. The priest refrained from saying any word about me. They all understood there was nothing a good word to say. I turned to say sorry to the man who had the tears. I turned to hug my children. I leaned over to whisper words of love into my wife's ears, and then I looked up and cried, "God, one more chance!"

"You shouted in your sleep," said my wife as she gently woke me up. "Did you have a nightmare?" She looked startled, as I hugged her tight and whispered,

"You're beautiful...!"

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1