RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM

Never Blame any Day In Your Life. Good Days Give You Happiness. Bad Days Give You Experience. Both Are Essential In Life. All Are God's Blessings.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChaT
Latest topics
» The Girl Next Door
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm by Anjali

» The Role Play
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:37 pm by Lekha

» Yealae Yealae Dosthu Da Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm by Selection

» Vaan Engum Nee Minna Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm by Selection

» Othaiyila Ulagam Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm by Selection

» Kadal Naan Thaan Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm by Selection

» Ennai Saaithaale Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm by Selection

» Oru Nodi Piriyavum Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Selection

» Kooda Mella Kooda Vachi Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm by Selection

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

~~House of Horrors~~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

~~House of Horrors~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~House of Horrors~~   ~~House of Horrors~~ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 am

House of Horrors

“Boring!” declared Nisha on a lazy Saturday. “Weekends in this sleepy little town are a drag,” admitted her sister Nandini, or Nandu, as she was called. “School should be working on Saturdays also,” Nisha grumbled. “Let’s hike to the hills, what say?” Nandu suggested. “I am game!” said Nisha happily. “Let’s go then,” Nandu declared. “OK. What will we need? Let us take one small backpack; that should do. We’ll pack a few sandwiches, some juice, and maybe some nuts.” “Some sunscreen as well,” added Nisha.

And the two sisters took off in the direction of the hills. They laughed and chatted on the way, discussing their school, teachers, and the lack of anything to do in their small town. They reached the hills in a few hours. “Phew! That was some hike!” panted Nandu. “Let us sit for a while,” she suggested. “Catch your breath, sis, no problem.” Nisha smiled. “Let us go to the other side of the hill after a break. We’ve never gone there,” she said. “Alright, in the meantime, hand me a snack,” said Nandu.

In a while, the two were walking around the hills. As they walked ahead, they noticed an old, dilapidated mansion. “What is this? We’ve not seen this place, whose house is it?” Nandu wondered. “Shall we peep inside?” Nisha suggested. “What if someone is there? We will be trespassing!” Nandu said. “I doubt if there is anyone there, and if we do find someone, we can apologise and walk away,” said Nisha. “Hmmmm, ok,” said an unconvinced Nandu. The mansion was very old, with its windows hanging open on its hinges, and creepers growing on its walls. As the two of them approached the wooden gate, they found it almost broken, and it yielded to their push, opening inwards with a groan. “That sounds like a very unwelcoming gate,” remarked Nandu. “Come on,” said Nisha, brushing aside her sister’s fear.

They walked up the path leading to the front door. “Wait! Let us peep through the window first, before we barge in,” said Nandu. So they moved towards the window, and looked in. It was very dark, with nothing visible. “Hellooo! Anybody there?” yelled Nandu. Her echo bounced off the walls and answered her query. Nisha shivered, “That was creepy.” Nandu sighed, and said, “Shall we try the back door, if there is one?” Nisha agreed, and they made their way around the house, trying to find another door. They noticed wild vegetation growing in the small area around the house. They had to manoeuvre their way carefully over to the backyard. They found a flight of steps at the back, leading to the back door of the mansion. There was a big rusted lock on the bolt, but the bolt was hanging loose from the door. They looked at each other. Nandu said, “Well, now that we have come this far, let’s go in, shall we?” Nisha nodded, so they approached the door tentatively.

Nisha pushed the door gently. With a creaking, heaving noise, the door opened a crack. She pushed it a little more, and it opened a little more. Nandu joined her, and with their combined effort, they managed to open the door, and stepped inside. It was pitch dark, and there was a musty smell hanging in the air, which reminded Nisha of old, unwashed blankets. “How do we figure our way around?” Nandu wondered aloud. “Let’s wait here for a while, our eyes will get used to the dark. Do you think we will find a light?” asked Nisha. “I don’t think so; the electricity would have been cut ages ago.” said Nandu.

In a while, their eyes were able to make out things in the gloom, and they found themselves inside what looked like a kitchen. “Hold my hand, will you, I am scared,” said Nandu. Together, they gingerly walked ahead, trying to figure things out. “Is this place haunted, I think I heard some noise,” said Nandu. “As if this isn’t freaky enough,” said Nisha half-angry and half-scared. “No, I am serious, I heard a creaking noise. Maybe we should go back,” Nandu insisted. “I am not going back now, chicken!” Nisha declared bravely. So they walked ahead. They could make out an open door, and walked past it. “Can you see a sofa, this must be the living room,” Nandu said. “Let’s check out the room with the window, there will be some light,” said Nisha, leading the way forward. Suddenly she froze in her tracks. Nandu almost walked into her. “What happened?” she asked, “there is someone here,” Nisha said, fear in her voice, “I heard breathing” at this, Nandu said, “OK, we should leave, that’s a lot of adventure in a day,” Nisha agreed and they turned to leave. This time they both heard a rustling noise. “That sounds like a gown or robe sweeping on the floor, it’s coming to get us,” shrieked Nisha. “What are we waiting for, run!” screamed Nandu, and reached for her sister’s hand. “It slapped me, Nandu,” shrieked Nisha, “with a weird feather duster or something!”

“Eeeeeeeeeeekksss!” screeched Nandu, and promptly scrambled out, followed by a white-faced Nisha. As they turned around for a quick glance to see the creature that was following them, they spotted a brown barn owl, flying out of the window, hooting indignantly at being disturbed. They stopped in their tracks, trying to put all the pieces together. Then Nisha started giggling, and after a dramatic pause, Nandu joined her. In seconds, the two sisters were howling with laughter at their blooper. “Well, that throws boredom right out of the window,” gasped Nisha, wiping the tears from her eyes. “You bet!” smiled Nandu. “The poor owl must have hit you with its wing while flying out,”

“Let’s go home, Nandu,” Nisha smiled at her sister, “next time we are bored, we can come back here, and we’ll explore the rest of the house.” Nandu added, “Next time we’ll bring a torch as well!” And they made their way home, discussing their trip to the ‘haunted house’.

Back to top Go down

~~House of Horrors~~
Page 1 of 1