RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM

Never Blame any Day In Your Life. Good Days Give You Happiness. Bad Days Give You Experience. Both Are Essential In Life. All Are God's Blessings.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChaT
Latest topics
» The Girl Next Door
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm by Anjali

» The Role Play
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:37 pm by Lekha

» Yealae Yealae Dosthu Da Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm by Selection

» Vaan Engum Nee Minna Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm by Selection

» Othaiyila Ulagam Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm by Selection

» Kadal Naan Thaan Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm by Selection

» Ennai Saaithaale Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm by Selection

» Oru Nodi Piriyavum Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Selection

» Kooda Mella Kooda Vachi Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
>> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm by Selection

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

>> Love and Only Love <<

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

>> Love and Only Love << Empty
PostSubject: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Love and Only Love - 1

Chapter 1 - Childhood friends…

The sun was still rising behind the blue hills of Nilgiris. While many in the beautiful city of Ooty were still asleep, Aanya was already awake. She prepared tea for her parents and went to their bedroom.

“Good Morning Mama, Papa”. She greeted them with her lovely smile.

Aanya was a daughter every parent would like to have. Prakash and his wife Sumathi were blessed parents. Usually parents take care of their children, here it was the other way round. Their daughter took care of them. She did all the work at house and never allowed her mother to do anything.

“Aanya, I have told you many times. This is the age to enjoy dear. You leave all this house work for me.” Sumathi always pestered her daughter.

“Mama, This is what I love I do. I enjoy house work. “. Aanya said giving tea to her parents.

“But Aanya…”

“OK, I have lots of work to do”. Aanya said and left the place.

Aanya had completed her graduation. She now stayed at home most of the time. She hardly ventured out. She was a shy and introvert girl. She had very few friends. She met them once in a while. Her parents were her world now. Her father Prakash owned a tea estate and took care of it. Sumathi was a house wife till her daughter took away all her work from her.

The family was sitting at the dining table eating the Idlis prepared by Aanya.

“Trrrng Trrrng” rang the bell. As usual Aanya ran to the door. When she was around she wanted to do all the work at home and it included even the work of opening the door.

“Hello uncle”. She greeted the person at the door and called him inside. It was Ram Kumar, their neighbour.

Aanya immediately gave him hot Idlis she had prepared. There was no way Ram could say NO.

“I have good news” Ram started the conversation.

“Aman is coming back. I and Meera are so happy.”

“That’s great news Ram.” Prakash was also very delighted on hearing the news.

Aman was son of Ram and Meera. Ram had his own furniture stores in Ooty. He always wanted his son to take up his business. But Aman had other plans. He wanted to be a software engineer like many of his other friends. Aman was in United States of America for two years to do his MS in Computer Science. He had now completed his studies and had a very good job offer in India. He was coming back to India.

Aman and Aanya were very close friends in childhood. They went to the same school. They played together. As days passed and they grew up they became distant and had different group of friends. Aanya was a very active and extrovert kid. But as she blossomed into a young lady she developed a different personality. She transformed into a quiet and serious person. The eye glasses she wore gave her more serious look. She was different from her other friends and wore very simple dresses. Her friends often advised her about fashion. But she liked to be her plain and simple self.

“Aanya, can you get me some tea?” Ram asked. Aanya readily went inside the kitchen.

“Prakash, I wanted to discuss something.”

“Yes Ram. Tell me.”

“Aman will be shifting to Mumbai as he has a job offer there. We are thinking of getting him married.”

“Oh, good. Of course, he needs some company. He will be alone or else. You and Meera cannot leave your business and go with him.”

“Yes, we also have a very good girl in our mind.”

“Who is it?” Sumathi was also very curious to know.

“Who else? Our Aanya!!!” came the reply from Ram.

Prakash and Sumathi were speechless for few seconds. They had never thought of their daughter’s marriage till now. Sumathi imagined staying without her daughter and her eyes became moist.

“Ram, To be frank we have not thought about Aanya’s marriage yet.”. Prakash broke the silence.

“Then think about it. I and Meera already discussed and there can be no better match for Aman than our Aanya. Moreover they know each other since childhood. I know even Aman would say YES”.

“Ok, We will talk to Aanya about this. Her opinion is very important.” Prakash said in a concerned tone.

“Of course, I will wait for your response.”

Aanya served them all tea.

“Ooty’s best tea!!!” Prakash praised his daughter.

“World’s best tea!!!” Ram added.

Ram took leave of them. Prakash and Sumathi were engaged in their own thoughts. It was first time they were even thinking about Aanya’s marriage.

Aanya had heard everything from the kitchen. She thought about Aman and blushed. She had hardly spoken to Aman. But she had seen him grow from a kid to a young man. She herself had grown seeing him every day. She remembered the last time she saw him.

Aman was leaving for US. He was in their house to bid them good bye.

“Bye Uncle and Aunty. I will be seeing you only after two years.” He told them. He then came close to Aanya and put his right hand forward.

“Bye Aanya. Good luck.” He told her.

Aanya took few moments to stretch her hands forward. They shook hands. It was first time she felt his touch. She squint her eyes and looked at him.

“He is very handsome”. She had thought to herself.

Aanya came back to present. She heard her parents discussing something in their bedroom. She was sure it was about her. She stood near the door and tried to listen.

“Aanya is really lucky.” Sumathi was telling her husband.

“Ram and Meera are such good people. We have been seeing Aman since he was born. Aanya will be very happy with him.”

“Yes Sumathi, but Aanya will have to go away to Mumbai. How will we stay without her?” Prakash already had tears flowing from his eyes.

“We have to, if its doing good for our daughter.” Sumathi was trying to act brave.

“Let us talk to Aanya. She will have to take the final decision.”

Aanya was sitting in her room and lost in thoughts again. She was already dreaming about Aman.

Aanya was day dreaming about how she will take care of Aman and his house. She will cook all his favourite food and pack him lunch box. In the evenings, she will welcome him home back. She had many plans and ideas on what to do after marriage.

Prakash entered the room and disturbed her dreams.

“Aanya, Ram had brought Aman’s alliance for you.” He started directly.

“I heard everything Papa.” Aanya was feeling shy to talk to her father about her marriage.

“Oh! Then Aanya, think well and let us know decision. You can take your time.”

Aanya was also sad that after her marriage she will have to leave her parents and go. She had never stayed without them. It brought tears in her eyes when she thought about it.

Aanya was in a dilemma. She loved her parents so much and could not imagine leaving them alone.

She was also a young girl with her own dreams. She was at an age when people fall in love easily. She had fallen in love with Aman. She felt she always loved Aman but never realized it. She was now waiting for Aman to return. She wanted to have a glimpse of him as soon as possible.

The day Aman arrived there was a big celebration in Ram’s house. Aanya and her family were also invited. Aanya was bit frightened and at the same time she was eagerly looking forward to meet Aman. .

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Love and Only Love - 2

Chapter 2- Aman’s Arrival

Aman and Aanya were facing each other again after a long time. Aanya looked beautiful in the red salwar kameez she was wearing. They both just kept looking at each other. Aman broke the silence between them.

“How are you Aanya? You are looking pretty.”

Aanya felt shy. She was looking down unable to meet eyes with Aman.

Aman came close to her. Aanya’s heart was beating fast. He suddenly held her hand. Aanya had not expected this.

“I Love You Aanya”. Aman whispered in her ears.

Aanya blushed. She tried to look into Aman’s eyes.

“Trrring.. Trrring…” rang the door bell. Aanya woke up with a startle. She realized she was day dreaming about Aman.

“Oh God, What is happening to me”. She thought to herself.

Aanya was wearing the blue dress as suggested by her mother. She was looking simple yet beautiful. Prakash and family were ready by 5.00 pm to leave for the party at Aman’s house. Though the party was at 7:00 pm, they had planned to go early and help in the arrangements.

When they reached Ram’s house, Meera was busy in the kitchen. Aanya and her mother joined her in kitchen for help.

“Hey Prakash”. Ram greeted Prakash with a smile. They sat down for a chat in the hall where party was arranged.

“Aman, Look who is here.” Ram called out for his son.

Couple of minutes later a very handsome man entered. He looked dashing in the blue shirt worn with jeans. He greeted Prakash and enquired about his tea estate.

Aanya was in the kitchen but her heart was somewhere else. She heard Aman talking to her father. She very badly wanted to see him. She remembered about her dream and smiled to herself.

She was lost in her thoughts again and didn’t notice Aman entering the kitchen.

“Hello Aunty.” She heard the familiar voice and looked at the face.

She was smitten by the handsome boy standing in front of her.

“Hi Aanya. How are you?”

“I am fine. Thanks.” Aanya said and turned her face away from him.

“Oh, what am I doing? I was waiting longingly for this moment and now not even able to look at him.” Aanya thought.

Aman exchanged few words with Sumathi, took some water and left the kitchen.

The party started at the scheduled time. Ram’s family had invited few of their close friends.

Aanya’s eyes were searching for Aman. She found him talking to a group of people. She was not brave enough to go and talk to Aman. That’s when Ram pulled Aman from the group. He directed him towards Aanya.

“Hey Aanya”

“Hi Aman”. This time surprisingly Aanya opened her mouth.

“How is everything going on?”

“Good. How is your job?”

“It’s great. I am offered Manager post in a MNC in Mumbai. I will be joining next month. Looking forward to it.”

“Ok”

“Hey, Let me introduce you to someone.”

“Anusha… Anusha…” Aman called the girl who was talking with his friends.

Aman introduced both of them to each other.

“Aanya, Aman has told me about you. You are his childhood friend right.”

“Yes.” Aanya was very happy that Aman had told his friends about her.

“Aanya, I am telling you a secret. I don’t know why. But I felt like sharing this with you.”

“Hmmm”

“I met Anusha when I was studying in US. And now she is my girlfriend.”

Aanya’s heart skipped a beat. She didn’t know how to react. All her dreams were shattered in a second.

“But Aanya, Please don’t tell Mom or Dad about this. I need some time before I talk to them regarding this.”

“Ok” mumbled Aanya.

"Anusha also works in Mumbai. Once we both settle down, we will talk to our parents about our marriage."

Aanya was not listening to Aman. She was still unable to convince herself that Aman loved someone else.

“Ok Aanya, See you later.” Aman said and left the place with Anusha.

Aanya stood their alone. She was unable to control her tears.

"Aanya, come for dinner." It was her mother calling her.

Aanya immediately wiped her tears and joined her parents for dinner.

Aanya left Aman’s house with a heavy heart. She could not sleep the entire night and kept thinking about Aman.

The next day Aanya was tired due to the sleepless night. But she continued to do her work as usual. Her parents tried to talk to her about Aman couple of times. She ignored them and didn’t answer properly.

When they brought up the matter again, Aanya said that she is still not ready for marriage and needs some more time. They didn’t bring up the matter again. Prakash conveyed the same to Ram.

The days seemed to pass very slowly for Aanya. She tried to involve herself in the house work the whole day. But she had lost interest in work. She was not her usual self. Her parents had also noticed this. When they asked her Aanya just nodded her head and said everything was fine.

Aman had left for Mumbai after staying for few days in Ooty. He had visited Aanya's house to say good bye. Aman was out of Aanya's sight but he had made a place in her heart. Though Aanya tried she was unable to forget about Aman.

It was a pleasant evening and Aanya was taking a walk in the beautiful park in Ooty.

“Aanya… Aanya..” She heard someone calling her. She turned back. It was her college mate Pooja.

“Hi Pooja.”

“Hi Aanya, I was planning to visit you. Good I met you here itself. I am going to Mumbai. I have got admission into a Management School. I am so happy.”

“Congrats Pooja. That’s good news.”

“So Aanya, What are you planning to do?”

“I have not thought about anything as of now” Aanya smiled.

“Hey, Why don’t you also study further? You were always a good student.”

“I have to think about it.”

Aanya and Pooja spent some more time together. When Aanya reached home, she kept thinking about what Pooja told her. She thought it will surely be a good change for her. She decided to talk to her parents about it.

“Mama, Papa, I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Yes dear.” Prakash was happy that finally Aanya was pouring out her heart.

“I want to study further.”

“That’s good Aanya. I will talk to your college principal today itself. “

“Papa, I want to study in a college outside Ooty.”

“What?” Sumathi was surprised on hearing this. Aanya had hardly ventured out of Ooty and whenever she went she was accompanied by her parents. She could not think of leaving Aanya all alone in an unknown city.

Aanya, If you have to study further you can do it here self.” Prakash was convincing her.

“No Papa.”

Her parents had never seen Aanya so stubborn. Finally they yielded to her demand.

Aanya felt little lighter. She was destracted atleast for some time. She had told her parents that she is going out of Ooty to study further. But she herself had not decided what course to take up. .

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Love and Only Love - 3

Chapter 3 – Aanya Steps out

Aanya arrived at a decision after consulting her parents. “English” was always her favourite subject in school and college. She enrolled for Master’s in English course in Oxford College, Bangalore.

Aanya jumped with joy when she received the acceptance letter from the Oxford College. She packed her things and was all set to explore a new world. She was very excited and at the same time sad. She would miss her parents a lot. She had taken an important step and this was going to change her life forever. There was no looking back from here.

Aanya’s cousin Priya stayed in Bangalore. Priya was doing her final year of engineering and stayed alone in Bangalore. Priya’s parents were in Chennai and visited her often. Priya was very glad when she heard that Aanya would be joining her.

The day finally arrived when Aanya had to say good bye to her parents.

“Aanya, Take care.” Sumathi was sobbing standing in the bus stand.

Aanya also had tears in her eyes. Prakash was consoling both of them.

Aanya was going to be away from her parents for the first time. Sumathi was very much worried about how Aanya will cope with things in Bangalore.

Aanya hugged her parents and got into the bus. Sumathi and Prakash stood there staring at the bus till it was out of their sight.

Aanya thought about her parents all along her journey. When the bus halted, Aanya looked out of her window. She had reached Bangalore. The hustle bustle of Bangalore was new to her. As soon as she got down from the bus she heard someone calling her name. She recognized the voice immediately.

“Aanyaaa.. Anyaaa…” Priya called out.

Aanya was very happy to see Priya. Aanya and Priya hugged each other. It was a long time since they met each other.

Priya was a very pretty girl, the slim and slender type. She was an extrovert outgoing girl and very enthusiastic about life. She made friends with people around her easily.

Priya took Aanya directly to the one bedroom apartment she stayed in. It was a small and cozy place located in the heart of Bangalore. Aanya called her parents and informed them as soon as she reached the place.

“Aanya, This place is close to your college. Your college is just five kilometers from here.”

“What? Five kilometers? Oh, how will I travel so far?”

“Hey, don’t worry. Five kilometers is not a long distance in a city like Bangalore. There are plenty of city buses from here.”

“Hmm.. So how do you travel?”

“I go in my scooty. My college is in the other direction. Otherwise I would have dropped you.”

“No problem Priya. I will get used to this.”

“Ok, since today is weekend we will go out somewhere in the evening. I will show you few places around.”

“Ok”

“And since tomorrow is your first day in college. I will drop you to college and show you bus stop so that you can come back on
your own. Ok?”

“Ok”

Aanya and Priya got ready and went to a nearby mall. Priya bought a new mobile and SIM card for Aanya. Priya took Aanya around the shops. They then sat down in a coffee shop.

“Priya, I am waiting for one of my friend. We will meet him and then go back.”

“Ok”

“Hey Priya!” They heard a male voice from behind.

“Hi Varun, looking smart..” Priya said and hugged him.

Varun was the same age as Priya. He was a tall guy and very well groomed. He looked very handsome in the blue t-shirt he wore.

Aanya sat there staring at them with mouth wide open.

“Aanya, This is Varun, my boy friend. I met him just six months ago at one of my friend’s party. We have such similar taste and so got along very well.”

“Oh, is it?” Aanya could not control her excitement.

“Varun, This is my cousin Aanya. I already told you about her.”

“Hi Aanya.” Varun shook hands with Aanya.

“Hey Aanya, Varun is a final year MBA student in your college. That’s great. Isn’t it? He will be there in case you need any help.”
Varun was a very friendly person. He talked to Aanya and tried to make her comfortable.

When Aanya and Priya returned home, Aanya asked her.

“Priya, Does uncle and aunty know about Varun?”

“No, not yet. We will tell them the news once our education is complete.”

The next day Aanya got ready early. She was tensed about her first day in college. Priya accompanied her to college and showed her the bus stop. She also enlightened her about the bus she needs to take to get back home.

“Ok Aanya, here is the duplicate key to the house, in case you reach home early. Take care.”

“Yes Priya, Thanks for your help.”

“No problem. See you later”

Aanya stood there alone in front the college. She had to find her classroom. She missed her parents a lot. She remembered that her father had dropped her till her classroom on the first day of her college in Ooty.

“Good Morning Aanya.” She heard a familiar voice. It was Varun. Aanya was glad to see him, though she didn’t have a good impression of him after their first meet.

“Hi Varun. Nice to see you.”

“Welcome here”

“Thanks. Can you please help me in finding my classroom? MA English first year.”

“Sure. Come on.”

Varun walked towards the college building and Aanya followed him.

“Here we go. MA English first year.” Varun smiled at Aanya as they stood in front of her class.

“Thanks Varun.”

“My classroom is in the next building. So any help just shout my name from here.” Varun teased her.

Aanya returned a smile.

Varun also shared his mobile number and asked her contact in case of any emergency.

Aanya had reached the next step of her life. She now stood in front of her class. She stepped inside with fear in her heart. There were around thirty students in the class. They had formed small groups and were chatting. It didn’t look like a fresher’s class to her. All of them seemed to know each other so well.

Aanya was searching a place for herself. She saw a girl sitting alone in the second bench. Aanya went and sat next to her.

“Hi, I am Pari.” The girl smiled at Aanya.

“I am Aanya.”

Aanya and Pari seemed to get along very well. Pari shared about her life. She was recently married and her husband had moved to Dubai on job. She stayed with her in-laws now and they encouraged her to study further instead of sitting idle at home.

“My in-laws love me a lot.” Pari told excitedly.

Aanya was glad to have found a good companion in Pari. Aanya and Pari spent most of the time together in college.

Aanya was very delighted about her first day in college. When she reached home Priya was already at home. They both talked about each other’s day at college. They also cooked dinner together.. She loved her new life style.

“Aanya, I am going out for dinner with Varun. You have your dinner and sleep. Don’t wait for me.” Priya said.

“Oh, ok. But please come back early. It’s already 8:00 pm now.”

“Hey, don’t worry. Varun will drop me till home.”

Aanya was worried for Priya. She somehow didn’t like her closeness to Varun.

Aanya who always liked to be alone now felt lonely without Priya. She called up her parents and updated them about her day at college. Aanya’s parents were happy for her. Aanya stayed awake till Priya was back and only then went to sleep.

It was already one month since she had moved to Bangalore. Aanya had made couple more friends at college. She also liked to spend time with Priya. Aanya had already started loving Bangalore.

Aanya called her parents often and updated them about the happenings. She was very happy when her mother told her that they were planning a visit next week.

Aanya was at home and was as usual waiting for Priya for dinner. It was 9:00 pm and Priya was still not back. Aanya was very much worried. She had tried calling Priya, but her cell phone was not reachable. Finally she rang Varun to enquire about Priya.

“Varun, Is Priya with you?”

“No, what happened?”

“She is still not home and her phone is not reachable.”

“Hey, no need to worry. She must be stuck with some friend. Maybe her phone battery has drained out.”

“Ok” Aanya said and kept the phone.

Aanya kept waiting for Priya and didn’t realize when she fell asleep. When she woke up it was 2:00 am and Priya was still not back. Aanya started trembling with fear. She had no idea what to do.

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Love and Love Only - 4

Chapter 4 – Priya Missing!

Aanya brought herself to terms with the current situation. She could not think of anything else and dialed Varun’s number again. Varun picked up his mobile after few rings. He knew at once that something was wrong.

“Aanya, Is everything alright?”

Aanya broke into tears.

“Varun, Priya is still not back. I don’t know what to do now.”

Varun was lost in thoughts. He himself was not sure what to do in this situation. He had last spoken to Priya in the evening and she seemed to be perfectly alright then. She had cancelled their meet as she was dining out with her college friends. She was very cheerful when she talked to him.

“Varun.. .Varun…”

“Yes Aanya. We will wait till morning and if Priya is still not back we will lodge a complaint with police.”

Aanya let out a meek “Ok”.

“Varun, Should I inform Priya’s parents?”

“Hmm.. No Aanya. Let’s wait till morning.”

Aanya was surprised at how cool and calm Varun was. She started thinking if Varun was behind Priya's disappearance. She never liked Priya spending too much time with Varun.

The next morning there was a knock on the door.

“Hi Aanya” Varun waved at her

“Hi”. Aanya said sadly.

“Aanya, I have checked with Priya’s friends’. She didn’t meet them at all yesterday. They told me that she was not at college also yesterday. Priya lied to me yesterday evening when she said that she was with her college friends.”

“We need not worry about Priya.”

“What? Is she back?”

“Read this letter. I found it on her bed.”

Aanya handed over the letter to Varun

Dear Mama and Papa,

I love you a lot. But still I am taking an important decision of my life all on my own.

I was never interested in studies and I don’t want to be an engineer.

I always liked modeling and acting. When I told you about my dreams you ignored them.

I am going to pursue my dreams and will come back to you when I succeed. Please don’t search for me and forgive me for my mistake.

Aanya,

I am very sorry. Please don’t think that I am leaving you alone.I know you are a brave girl and can take care of yourself.

Aanya was not crying now. She was angry at Priya. During her one month stay never once did she feel that Priya would do this.

Aanya felt that Priya should have talked to her parents again about pursuing her dreams.

Varun was totally shattered on reading the letter. He loved Priya so much and they were such close friends. But Priya had never revealed her aspirations to him. He never got a hint that Priya would run away like this.

“Varun, I called Priya’s parents and informed them. Aunty is completely broken. Uncle and Aunty are coming here.”

Varun was unable to express his feelings. He just remained silent.

Aanya had called her parents also and asked them to stay with her for few days. She needed their support now.

It was evening when Aanya’s parents reached. Shiva and Malathi, Priya’s parents were already there. Priya’s mother was still crying holding the letter in her hand.

“It’s all your discipline and strictness which lead Priya to take this step. You never gave her any freedom.” Malathi blamed her husband.

Shiva also felt guilty and felt he was the reason for Priya running away.

“Uncle, let us file a complaint. We will try our best to search Priya.” Varun suggested.

Vaun and Shiva went to the nearby police station and filed a missing complaint. Police looked for Priya in all places in Bangalore.

They continued their search for one week, but it was futile. They could not locate Priya.

Shiva and Malathi returned to Chennai with a hope that their daughter will come back one day.

It was one week since Aanya had gone to her college.

“Mama, I am leaving for college.” Aany said as she packed her bag.

“Aanya, I have to go back to Ooty today regarding estate work. I will return in a day or two. Your mom is there to take care of you”. Prakash patted her.

“Ok”

Aanya felt bad that she was troubling her parents.

“Mama, Papa, Please don’t worry about me. I will manage somehow.”

As soon as Aanya reached college, she started searching for Varun. She looked for him in his class, library and canteen. He was not seen anywhere. Aanya could empathise with Varun. She was in a similar situation few days back, completely heart broken.

Aanya rang him up.

“Hi Varun, How are you?”

“I am ok Aanya. How are you?”

“Yes fine. I was looking for you in college”

“Oh, I am at home. Do you need something?”

“No, just wanted to check if you are alright.”

There was silence for few seconds then Varun spoke up.

“Aanya, I had sent a mail to Priya.”

“Oh”

“She replied today. She said she is fine wherever she is. She didn’t tell me anything else.”

“Varun, you need a change. Please come to college and concentrate on your studies.”

“Yes Aanya, I will see you tomorrow at college.”

Varun felt better after talking to Aanya. It was difficult for him to forget Priya. Varun had lost his father one year back. He and his mother now thrived on his father's savings. Varun had the responsibility of his mother. His ambition in life was to take care of his mother.

Aanya went to her class and started looking for Pari. She was glad when she found her sitting in the class.

“Hey Aanya, How are you now?”

Pari knew about the tension in Aanya’s life.

“I am ok Pari.”

“Aanya, I have to tell you good news.”

“Yes Pari”

“Aanya, I will be going to Dubai next week. My visa work is done. I will be joining my husband. I am so happy.”

“Oh, that’s nice. But what about your studies?”

“Yes, that is the sad part. I have to stop this. I will take up some correspondence course.”

“Hmmm” Aanya was not happy. Priya had left her one week back and now Pari was also going away.

“Aanya, Today is my last day here. I came just to bid good bye to you. I will miss you dear.” Pari said and hugged her.

Priya and Pari were her only friends in Bangalore. Now she was alone without friends. Aanya reached home with a heavy heart.

Aanya noticed that Sumathi was unusually sad.

“Mama, Is everything ok?”

“Aanya, your Papa had called. The labourers in our estate are on strike. Your Papa was in tension when I talked to him.”

“Oh! Mama, Then I feel you have to go back to Ooty and take care of him. He needs your support.”

“But Aanya, how can I leave you alone?”

“Don’t worry I am alright.” Aanya didn’t display her sadness in front of her mother.

She convinced her mother to return to Ooty.

Aanya was sitting in her college canteen having lunch. She was lost in thoughts. She was all alone in a new city. She was thinking about how to cope with the situation.

“Aanyaaa…”

The voice startled her. She turned back to see Varun.

Aanya was glad to see Varun.

“Hi Varun”

“How is Aunty?”

“She left for Ooty today. There are problems in our estate. Papa needs her help.”

“Oh, so are you alone?”

“Yes.”

“Hey, let me know in case you need any help. Ok?” Varun smiled at her. It was long time Aanya had seen the smiling face of Varun.

“Ok”

“And yes, I will take you home this weekend. I will introduce you to my mother. You will feel nice talking to her.”

“Ok. Any other news about Priya?”

“No. I didn’t mail her again. I don’t want to disturb her life. But Aanya, I still love her and will wait for her to come back.”

Aanya had tears in her eyes. She thought she was so wrong in judging Varun.

“Varun, will you be my friend?” Aanya put forth her hand.

Varun smiled and shook her hands.

“I thought we were already friends.”

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Love and Love Only - 5

Chapter 5 - The Transformation!

Aanya got along well with Varun’s mother, Lakshmi. She spent the weekend in Varun’s house helping Lakshmi in household work.

“Aanya, It’s ok. I will manage cooking dinner.”

“Aunty, Please let me help you. I like doing this work.” Aanya pleaded.

Lakshmi smiled and nodded her head.

After dinner Aanya bid goodbye to Lakshmi.

“Aanya, Keep coming home. It feels nice to be with you.”

“Sure Aunty.”

Varun volunteered to drop Aanya home. As he dropped off Aanya, Varun noticed sadness in Aanya’s eyes.

“Aanya, Everything ok?”

“Yes Varun.”

“I feel something is troubling you. Are you still worried about Priya?”

“No, that’s not the matter.”

“Oh, Is it about your estate problem?”

“No Varun, Papa had called. All issues are resolved now.”

“Then you must be missing your parents?”

“No, that’s fine. I talk to them everyday and have now learnt to stay alone. They are coming to meet me next week.”

“Hey, feel free to share your problem.”

“There is no problem Varun. Actually something happened at college which made me sad.”

“Oh, Is anyone troubling no?”

Aanya was on the verge of crying. Varun noticed it and stopped grilling about the topic.

“Ok Aanya, You take care. We will talk about this in college tomorrow.”

“Yes, Bye”

The next day Varun was waiting for Aanya in the college canteen.

“Hi Aanya” He waved at her as soon as he saw her entering the canteen.

“Hi Varun”

Varun got coffee for both of them and they sat down to talk.

“Yes Aanya, now tell me what happened?”

“Varun, I am not able to forget whatever happened last week.”

“Hmmm…”

“I was about to come out from the class when my classmate Girish stopped me. He handed over a letter and said it’s a love letter.”

“What? That’s the reason you are disturbed?” Varun interrupted her and started laughing.

“Stop it Varun. Listen to me completely.” Aanya got angry.

“Ok, I am sorry, very very sorry.”

“I became nervous when he gave me the letter. I just nodded my head and started walking away. He stopped me and said that the letter is for Sushma. He asked me to give her the letter. I was already so scared that ran away from there.”

“Oh…”

“When I was standing in the bus stop, I saw Girish and his friends there. They were talking about me and laughing. They found it funny that how I could I ever think that someone could give me a love letter.” Aanya was sobbing now.
Varun didn’t know how to console her. He just patted her and said “Hey, don’t cry about it.”

He just sat there and let her vent out all her sorrow.

It was another weekend. Aanya was very glad to see her parents.

Her phone rang and it was Varun calling her.

“Hello Aanya.”

“Hi Varun, Mama and Papa reached home just now.”

“Great Aanya! Drop home for lunch along with your parents. Ok?”

“Yes fine. Will meet you for lunch.”

Lakshmi was happy to meet Aanya with her parents. The elders sat down to talk, Varun took Aanya aside to talk to her.

“Aanya, I wanted to tell you something. Hope you will not mind.”

“No Varun, you are my best friend now. I will surely not feel bad.”

“Aanya, I feel you need a change.”

“What are you telling?”

“I feel you need to get a makeover. Then people will certainly start noticing you.”

“Hmm.. I don’t want to change myself for someone else. This is my identity and I don’t want to lose it.”

“Hey.. You are great as you are. I am only talking about makeover. Give up your glasses and get contact lens, get some nice hair cut, new dresses in your wardrobe. That’s all!”

“You have gone mad.” Aanya was laughing.

“No Aanya, believe me. It will give you more confidence. It will help you feel good and make you happy.”

“Oh Varun, this is nonsense.”

“Please try it for my sake.”

Varun pestered Aanya so much that she had to finally agree.

“Ok, great! I am going to arrange everything for you. Our mission starts next week.”

The next weekend as planned Aanya and Varun set out. At the end of the day there was Aanya with a new look. She looked prettier now.

“Hey Aanya, You are looking beautiful. If I was not in love with Priya I would have certainly asked you out for a date.” Varun teased her.

Aanya looked at herself in the mirror. She liked her new look. She now had a simple yet elegant look.

When Aanya stepped into college the next day, there were many people who turned around to take a second look at her. Aanya enjoyed the attention she got.

Days passed and the friendship between Aanya and Varun deepened. Aanya’s parents visited her once in a month. Aanya also made a trip to Ooty whenever she had vacation. Aanya was enjoying her newly found freedom. But she still worried about Priya and missed her. She also kept thinking about her friend Pari.

Aanya was as usual waiting in the bus stand. She felt the face of the girl walking in the opposite lane was familiar. She recognized her immediately. She ran to the other side.

“Pari, Pari…” Aanya shouted and followed her.

Pari turned back. Pari looked pale and weak. The usual glow on her face had disappeared.

“Hey Pari, I am so happy to see you.” Aanya held her hand.

“Aanya, you are looking different. You are looking good.”

“Thanks Pari. How are you and when did you come back?”

“I am ok. I returned couple of months back.”

“Oh! How is your husband?”

Tears flowed from Pari’s eyes.

“Pari, Is everything Ok?”

Pari didn’t speak anything and tears continued to flow.

Aanya took her home and gave her some water to drink.

“Pari, Please tell me what happened.”

“Aanya, I have left my husband.”

“What?” Aanya was shocked when she heard this.

“My husband cheated me Aanya. He was in love with someone else before marriage.”

“Oh…” Aanya was listening.

“She was his college mate. I found few old letters written by her. He claims that he does not love her anymore and I am his only love now. But tell me how can I believe him? Why does he still have her letters? I was suffering every day, thinking about their relationship. I cannot go back to him.”

“But Pari, you should give him a second chance.”

“No, You will not understand my situation. I have my parents support and that is enough. I am now searching for a job so that I can be independent.”

Aanya knew that Pari was not in a state to listen anything. She stopped advising her.

That night Aanya kept thinking about Pari and could not sleep. Aanya had loved Aman. Does it mean she will be cheating the person she is going to marry? Aanya was very disturbed. She felt she had to talk to someone. She called up Varun.

“Hello Varun”

“Hi Madam, Tell me.”

Aanya told Varun everything about Pari.

“Varun, I have never told you but I have loved someone in my life.”

“Hmm.. Please don’t tell that it’s me.” Varun joked.

“Varun, I am serious.”

Aanya told about her love for Aman.

“Aanya, do you still love him?”

“I don’t know.”

“Hmm.. I would say that you need to forget the past. You are very happy now with your new life. So just forget about Aman and move on.”

“When I get married in future does it mean that I am cheating that person?”

“No yaar, all this happens when you are young. You get attracted to people easily. So take it easy.”

“Hmm..”

“I have to show you something. So meet me in the college canteen tomorrow morning.”

“Ok, Bye”

When Aanya met Varun the next morning, he opened a magazine and placed it in front of her.

“See this.” It was a photo of a model.

Aanya looked at it carefully.

“Hey, it’s Priya.” She shouted happily.

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Love and Love Only - 6

Chapter 6 – After two years…

Days turned into months, and months into years. Two years had passed by.

After completing his engineering, Varun got a job in a Multi National Software Company. Aanya worked as a Soft Skills Trainer in a reputed organization.

She trained people to improve their English and soft skills. Aanya was very happy with her job. She enjoyed it.

Pari had separated from her husband, though they were not officially divorced.

Her husband left his job in Dubai and came to Bangalore to convince Pari that they have to get together again.

He asked her apologies many times, but Pari was adamant. Aanya helped Pari find job and Pari now worked as a receptionist in the same organization.

And as for Priya she was still a mystery. Her photos often appeared in Fashion Magazines.

Varun along with Priya’s parents tried to find out about Priya from the magazine publishers.

But they didn’t succeed in getting her address. After some tries they finally gave up, but they were still waiting for Priya to come back.

It was weekend and Aanya as usual made a plan to meet Varun. She was waiting for Varun in their usual meeting place, The Coffee Shop. Aanya brightened up when she saw Varun entering.

“Hi Varun” She welcomed with a big smile.

“Hi Aanya”

They ordered their usual drinks and snacks.

“Varun, You have become a workaholic. Look at you. You are looking so pale. Too much work?”

“I am reaching home late due to work… More than me, Mom is worried. She again brought up the same Marriage topic yesterday. She feels I will reach home early once I get married.”

“Ha ha ha…” Aanya was laughing.

“It’s not funny Aanya.”

“I just imagined you as the groom.” Aanya controlled her laughter.

“Hmm… Sometimes I think I have to give up my hope of seeing Priya again. I feel is there any point in waiting for her now?” Varun was choking.

“Hey Varun, Take it easy.”

“Aanya, Tell me. Is it easy to forget first love? What about you? Do you still love Aman?”

“No… Varun, do you remember what you told me couple of years back. We get attracted easily when we are young. I feel I mistook that attraction for Love. I don’t even think of him now. You helped me in moving on in my life. Thanks Varun.”

“Hmm.. Do you feel I have to stop thinking about Priya?”

Aanya was silent for some time.

“Maybe Varun. If Priya loved you she would have contacted you at least one time. When she has forgotten you, why should you worry about her? I feel your mom is right. You have to get married and move on.”

Aanya looked at Varun and smiled.

“Ok Varun, Let’s talk about something else.”

Aanya and Varun chatted up on other matters for some time.

Aanya went back home, called her parents and chatted with them for a long time till late night. As soon as she kept her phone, there was another call. It was Pari calling her. Aanya was worried seeing Pari’s call so late in the night.
Aanya picked the call.

“Yes Pari, What happened?”

Aanya, I am in hospital. Please come here immediately.”

“Hey, Are you alright?”

Pari explained Aanya everything. Pari’s husband had tried committing suicide. He had taken a bottle full of sleeping pills.

One of his friend who went to his house to meet him, broke open the door when he didn’t reply. Pari’s husband was lying unconscious.

He was immediately taken to the hospital. Pari and her parents were also informed.

Pari was now at the hospital. She now needed Aanya to be by her side.

Aanya immediately called Varun and both of them went to the hospital to meet Pari. As soon as Pari saw Aanya, Pari broke down completely.

“Aanya, It’s all because of me. Because of my doubtful nature.”

“Pari, don’t cry. He will be alright.”

“He begged me so many times to go back to him. I didn’t listen to him at all. I was egoistic. He has left a suicide note that he cannot live without me. Now, I understand his love for me.”

Aanya was consoling Pari. But it was in vain, Pari was crying uncontrollably. The doctor finally announced that the patient was out of danger. This news brought some delight to Pari. She was allowed to see her husband.

That night Aanya and Varun both stayed back with Pari in the hospital. The next day Pari’s husband was allowed to go home. Pari and her husband were a happy couple now. Aanya was glad to see them together.

Aanya went home too tired to go to office. She called up her office and took off for the day. Aanya called her parents and told them everything about Pari.

“Yes Aanya, Husband-Wife relationship needs only love and trust. Pari’s husband has finally won her trust, though in a hard way.” Sumathi said.

“Hmmm…”

“Aanya, Have you thought about your marriage?”

“No Amma… I don’t want to get married. I will take care of you and Appa all my life.”

“You can get married and still take care of us.”

“Hmmm.. Please, I don’t want to talk about this now.”

“Why Aanya? Everyone needs companionship in life. You will understand this only later when you get older.”

“Please, please, please. Stop this.”

“If you like someone you can tell us. We don’t have any problem with love marriages.” Sumathi was smiling at the other end.

“I think you are in no mood to stop. I will talk to you later.” Aanya said and kept the phone.

Aanya was alone at home and her idle mind started working. She was thinking about her mother’s words. Her mother was right, marriage indeed is a lovely thing. She thought and smiled to herself.

Looking at a happy couple walking hand in hand, or couple sitting in a restaurant or even a couple quarrelling, always brought a smile on her face. She thought about Pari. Pari looked so sad always when she was away from her husband. And now she looked so happy after joining her husband.

Aanya had lunch and lied down to take a nap. She was now thinking about Varun. She remembered all the time she spent with Varun. She was never so comfortable with anyone. He was her best friend now.

Aanya kept thinking about Varun and was now unable to sleep. She dialed Varun’s number and talked to him. She felt very happy after talking to him.

Aanya had a question in her mind. “Is she in love with Varun?” “And what about Varun, Does he still love Priya?” “Or does Varun love her, and is in confusion between her and Priya?” She was also confused now. Aanya pondered over this the whole day. She finally decided to meet Varun and open her heart in front of him.

Aanya could not wait till the next weekend to meet Varun. She called Varun again and made a plan to meet him the same day itself for dinner.

Aanya reached the restaurant earlier than the scheduled time. She was eagerly waiting for Varun. She was thinking about how to start and what to tell. Varun reached late, but Aanya didn’t complain.

“Aanya, looking lovely! You are no more the old Aanya. I guess you will be having many admirers in your office.”

Aanya had taken extra trouble in dressing up. She was now feeling shy after hearing Varun’s words.

“I am still same Varun. Only my appearance has changed, nothing else.”

“Ok, let’s order for something first. I am very hungry.”

They placed the order and Aanya was still searching for words to talk to Varun.

“Aanya, Now tell me. Why did you want to meet me so urgently?”

“Yes, I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Tell me. By the way, even I have some good news. I wanted to disclose this when we meet in the weekend. But, now I am not able to hide it anymore.”

“Oh, What is that news?”

“Hmm.. Since you called me here, you have to break your news first. What is it? Are you getting promotion? Or have you fallen in love with someone?” Varun was smiling.

Aanya finally strengthened herself and started.

“Varun…..”

“Ok Aanya, I cannot hold it any longer. You will be very happy to know that…..”

“What?”

“Priya is coming to Bangalore next week. I am just waiting to see her. ”

Aanya was silent. She tried to smile at Varun.

“Priya mailed me and asked for my mobile number. She then called me. We talked for a long time. She still loves me, Aanya.”

Aanya was still not speaking.

The rest of the time, Varun spent only in talking about Priya. Aanya was silent most of the time, lost in her own thoughts. They had finished dinner and were about to leave.

“Hey, you wanted to tell me something. I completely forgot about it.”

“Oh, that’s nothing.”

“What is it? Tell me, I am curious now.”

“Nothing Varun, I just wanted to eat out. So I called you. Let’s go now.”

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Love and Love Only - 7

Chapter 7 - Return of Priya

Aanya was feeling restless. She was of course eagerly looking forward to meeting Priya. But she was also scared that Varun may distant himself from her. She sat alone in the office cafeteria sipping coffee. She was constantly thinking about only Varun.

"Hey, you are Aanya right?" A voice disturbed her thoughts.

Aanya looked up to see a familiar face. She could not believe her eyes. Of all the people in the world, she was least expecting to see Aman in front of her.

"Aman!" Aanya had a surprise look on her face.

"Oh Aanya, you look so different. I was staring at you for quite some time to make sure that it's certainly you. You look very beautiful."

"Thank you" Aanya lowered her eye lids.

"Mom and Dad used to update me about you. I knew that you were in Bangalore, though I didn't know that you worked here."

"Hmm.. I am working as a Soft Skills Trainer here from past few months."

"That's nice! I moved to Bangalore recently and I have joined as Assistant Manager just last week. I am so happy to find you here."

"Oh! You too work here!". This was another surprise for Aanya.

"Aanya, you have changed a lot. And you have changed for good."

"I have a class in another ten minutes. I will talk to you later." Aanya said looking at her watch.

"Sure, can I have your mobile number?"

Aanya gave her number and then hurried to the classroom.

Meeting Aman after so many years didn't bring any joy to Aanya. She didn't even bother to ask about his girl friend Anusha.

Now, her mind was occupied only with thoughts about Varun.

Aanya felt like pouring her heart out whenever she called and talked to her parents. But something stopped her from doing so.

She kept her love for Varun within herself. This troubled her all the more.

Aanya met Aman in office couple of more times. She always tried to avoid him, while Aman looked very eager to talk to her.

It was Friday evening and Aanya was out with Pari. They were shopping. Aanya’s phone rang and she immediately guessed that it was Varun calling.

“Aanya, Priya is reaching tomorrow morning. We are leaving to Chennai immediately. We will meet her parents and come back on Sunday.”

“Oh, ok”

“Aanya, do you want to join us?”

“No, I have some work.” Aanya was intentionally avoiding. She didn’t want to get between Priya and Varun. She wanted to give them some privacy. They were meeting each other after such a long time.

“Hmm… Let’s have dinner together on Sunday. I will bring Priya along with me.”

“Ok.”

Pari could notice the sadness on Aanya’s face.

“Aanya, do you love Varun?” Pari asked her directly.

“No… No…” Aanya was startled at this question from Pari.

“Aanya, you cannot lie to me.”

“Pari, I have already lost Varun. For that matter, he was never mine. He always loved Priya. It was foolish of me to fall in love with him.” Aanya burst into tears.

“Aanya, I still feel that you should convey your love to Varun.”

“No. If I do that, I will lose his friendship also. “

“Aanya, think about it again. Priya was away from Varun for more than two years. He might not have the same feeling for her now. You have been with him and supporting him all these days. I am sure he has a soft corner for you.” Pari said and stopped at this. She didn’t want to pressurize Aanya.

Aanya again had a sleepless night. Varun also had a sleepless night. He was dreaming about Priya with his eyes wide open. He was excited to meet Priya after such a long time.

The next morning, he was at the airport to welcome Priya. His eyes were searching for her. He immediately recognized the slim, slender and beautiful girl coming towards him.

“Varrruuun, Missed you so much.” Priya hugged him.

“I missed you too Priya. Please don’t leave me and go again.”

Both Varun and Priya had tears in their eyes.

They had to wait for another one hour to take the flight to Chennai. They sat down in the lobby and started talking.

"Varun, It took me two long years to understand that my dreams and aspirations were nothing when compared to you and my family. I am really sorry for hurting you all so much. I missed you all every second I was away. But my goal to become a model stopped me from coming back. I achieved my goal, but there was still something missing in my life. I didn't have you, mom and dad with me to share my success. Now, I am glad that I finally made the right decision and came back."

Varun was listening to Priya.

"Varun, Please forgive me."

"Hey Priya, It's fine. You made a mark for yourself and that's good. Your goal was right, but the path you chose was wrong.

There was no need to run away from all of us. Anyways, let's not talk about past now. I am very happy to see you."

"I have taken up few modeling assignments in Bangalore. I have informed everyone that I will take up work only in Bangalore."

"By the way, How is Aanya?" Priya asked excitedly.

"She is fine. You will not recognise her, if you see her now. Here, talk to her." Varun dialed Aanya's number and gave the phone to Priya.

"Hi Aanya"

Aanya immediately recognized Priya's voice.

"Oh, Priya, wow! Nice to hear your voice."

The two of them talked for some time. They had so many things to share with each other. Priya realized it was for flight.

"Ok, Aanya. I will meet you once I come back." Priya said and kept the phone.

As Priya and Varun stood up and started walking, suddenly Priya knelt down and took Varun's hands in her hands.

"Varun, will you marry me?"

"Oh Priya, I will, I will, I will. I was waiting to put this question to you."

Priya and Varun left for Chennai.

Aanya was alone at home and she was not in a mood to lock herself up inside the house. She was missing Varun, but she had made up her mind to move on once again. This was her second failure in love. She was thinking about meeting her office friends, when her phone rang. She picked up thinking it was Varun.

"Hi Aanya!"

"Oh, Aman..."

"Hey, looks like you were expecting call from someone else."

"No, Tell me."

"I have been thinking of talking to you since many days."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Nothing specific, just wanted to talk to you. Can we meet up? Let's have lunch together."

"Ok" Aanya agreed.

They decided to meet in a restaurant near Aanya's house.

Aanya was waiting at the restaurant for Aman. She was dressed in a simple pink salwar and looked lovely.

"Hi Aanya" Aman greeted when he saw her.

They ordered for lunch. They started talking about Ooty, their parents.

"How is Anusha?" Aanya asked Aman.

"Hmm... I don't know. She went back to US long back. She got a job there and shifted permanently."

"Oh! You didn't meet her again."

"No, I had my own career to concentrate on. We were in touch for few days. Long distance communication didn't work out for us."

"Oh!"

Aanya liked Aman's honesty. Aman's reply made her think about Varun again. Priya was really lucky to have Varun, she thought. All these years, Varun waited so patiently for Priya.

Priya and Varun reached Chennai. Priya's parents had tears in their eyes when they met their daughter. They accepted Priya with an open heart. Priya apologized to them again and again. She had realized her mistake and was now repenting for what she did.

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Love and Love Only - 8

Chater 8 - The Proposal!!!

The next day Aanya was at home waiting for Priya and Varun. She was glad to meet Priya. They hugged each other. The girls caught up on each other's life. While Varun sat there listening to their talks.

"Aanya, So nice to see you like this. You are a very brave girl now."

"I should thank Varun for this. He has helped me a lot in gaining my confidence. I owe everything to him."

Aanya smiled at Varun. Varun smiled back. Varun was unusually silent. It seemed like he was lost in his own thoughts. Aanya and Priya, both busy in talks failed to notice Varun's silence.

"Aanya, The model agency I work for has given me a flat to stay. Why don't you join me?"

"No Priya. I am happy here. This has been my house since the day I came to Bangalore. I just love this place."

"Ok. If this place makes you happy then I will not force you."

Priya and Varun took leave of Aanya after some time.

It was around 10 pm in the night when Varun called Aanya.

"Hi Aanya, Just felt like talking to you, so called you. Hope I didn't disturb you."

"Hey Varun, No problem at all."

"Hmmm"

"It was really nice to see you and Priya together. You make a lovely pair."

"Hmmm"

"Varun, you don't seem to be your usual self. What happened?"

"Aanya, can we meet tomorrow? I will pick you up from your office."

"Sure."

Aanya was busy with her classes in office. She sat down at her desk to get some rest.

"Hi Aanya"

Aanya looked back to find Aman.

"Hi Aman"

"You look tired."

"Yes, was busy with my classes."

"Can we meet for lunch today? I wanted to talk to you."

Aanya thought for a second and then nodded her head to say "Yes".

"Ok. Let's go out to the restaurant opposite to our office."

"Fine."

It was 1:00 pm. Aanya and Aman sat in the restaurant facing each other. Aman looked bit confused on how to start the topic he wanted to talk.

"Aman, you wanted to talk to me about something."

"Yes."

"Aanyaaaa..."

"Yes Aman."

Aman was searching for words.

"Aanya, I love you. Will you marry me?" Aman finally spoke out.

Now, it was Aanya's turn to search for words.

"But Aman...." She stopped at that. She didn't know how to react. She had least expected her first love whom she had lost to someone else, to come back and propose her.

Aanya was silent. She was looking down unable to look at Aman.

"Aanya, Please be honest. You can say 'no' if you don't like me. We know each other since childhood. But I never recognized you. I now understood that you are a wonderful woman. Anyone would like to have a wife like you. You are free to make your decision."

Aanya now looked at Aman.

"Aman, I don't know what to say."

"It's fine. You can take your time. I am not in a hurry."

When they returned to office, Aanya sat alone at her desk. She pondered upon what happened just a few minutes back.

Aanya had loved Aman deeply and over the years that love had changed. She didn't have the same feeling for him now. She now loved someone else. Though she knew that person could never be hers. Aanya was completely confused. Should she go back to Aman? But will she be able to love him honestly?

"I have to talk to Varun about what happened today." Aanya thought to herself.

Varun promptly came to Aanya's office to pick her up. Varun took her to a nearby park and not to the usual Coffee Shop.

They sat on a bench, next to each other.

"Aanya, I have confess something."

Aanya had a surprise look on her face.

"The whole time I was with Priya in Chennai, I was thinking about someone else."

Aanya still didn't understand anything.

"All these days I was waiting for Priya. I was very happy to see her. But that happiness lasted only for some time."

"Varun, I don't get you." Aanya finally spoke.

"Aanya, I was missing you when I was with Priya."

"hmmmm"

"What does it mean Aanya?"

"It means you have got used to me so much." Aanya smiled.

"Aanya, I love you."

"Varun, Are you kidding?"

"No Aanya, I am serious."

Aanya had the second shock for the day. She was speechless. This was something she had never ever expected. Varun always talked about Priya and missed her when she was not around. And now the same person says that he has fallen in love with her.

"And Priya..."

"I don't know what will I tell her. All the time I was with you, I never realized that I loved you."

Aanya thought whether she should confess her love for Varun. But something stopped her from doing so.

""Varun, I don't know how to react. Priya is my close friend. What will she think?"

"But Aanya, Will I not be dishonest to Priya? I still care for Priya, but don't have the same feeling."

Aanya just looked at Varun.

"Ok Aanya, What do you think about me? Tell me."

"You are my good friend."

"Is that all?"

"I like you Varun. But, I feel you are confused. Ok, Please give me some time to think."

"Ok Aanya. As you wish. I don't want to force you for anything."

"You too think about it again."

Aanya didn't bring up the topic of Aman. She felt Varun himself was confused, and there was no point in talking about Aman.

Aanya returned home. Her life was seeing a significant change. Aanya was not sure which path to take.

Back to top Go down
AruN
Admin
Admin
AruN

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Love and Love Only - 9

Chater 9 - The End!!!

It was the most important decision of her life. Aanya was not in a hurry. She knew she herself was not perfect, so she didn't expect Aman or Varun to be perfect. She had loved both Aman and Varun at some point of time in her life.

She talked to her parents about both Aman and Varun.

"Aanya, you are matured enough to take a decision. We know that you will make the right decision." Her dad had told her.

One week had passed since Aman and Varun had proposed her. Aanya had always looked up to Varun for advice. But here she was to take a decision all by herself. During this entire week Aanya didn't talk to both of them. She stopped taking Varun's calls and avoided Aman in office. She didn't want either of them to make any influence in her decision.

The next day Aanya met Aman over coffee. Aman was eagerly waiting for Aanya to talk.

"Aman, I have to tell you something."

"Yes Aanya."

"You are my first love."

Aman's face brightened when he heard this.

"I had loved you as a young girl. I had weaved many dreams for myself."

Aanya told Aman all about how she was looking forward to his arrival from US and how her heart broke when she met Anusha.

"But Aman... My feelings for you have changed over the period of time. I love someone else now. I am sorry, I cannot accept your proposal. We can still be friends."

It was Aman's heart which broke this time. Aanya looked at Aman and smiled. Aman tried hard to return the smile.

Aanya felt bit lighter now. She had asked Varun to meet her at the Coffee Place in the evening. When Aanya reached the place, Varun was already there.

"Aanyaaa.. I have been longing to talk to you. Why did you not receive my calls? I was planning to meet you at your house if you had not called me today."

"Varun... I needed some time for myself. There were so many things going on in my life. I needed my own space to shape my life the way I want."

Aanya then told about her meeting with Aman.

"Varun, As I have already confessed to you, I love you." Aanya and Varun looked into each other's eyes.

"Varun, Both of us have fallen in love before. I am wondering if unlike our first love, our feelings will remain same this time."

"Of course Aanya. We will be happy together."

"I am not sure. I cannot make any decision about this now. And what about Priya? What will we tell her?"

"I will talk to Priya. She is no longer the old Priya. I am sure she will understand."

"Varun, I feel both of us need time before we commit to each other."

Varun was feeling helpless. He was trying hard to convince Aanya.

"Varun, Let's forget everything for few days and see how it goes. We will still be friends."

Varun nodded his head.

When Aanya reached home that night, there was another news awaiting her. There was a call from her dad.

"Aanya...." Her dad was sobbing at the other end.

"Papa... What happened?" Aanya was scared.

"Your mom is not well. She fainted suddenly. I have brought her to the hospital. They are doing some tests on her."

Aanya was trembling on hearing this. She told her dad that she is immediately starting for Ooty.

Out of her habit, Aanya dialed Varun's number. She told him everything. Varun and Aanya started off for Ooty. It was early morning when they reached Ooty. They went directly to the hospital. Aanya saw her dad outside the ward. He was looking so pale and worried. She went running to him and hugged him. Prakash felt lot better after seeing Aanya.

"Aanya, doctor said there is nothing to worry. Her BP has risen and no other problems. She will be discharged today."

Aanya went inside and met her mother. Both of them were glad to see each other.

Later in the day, Sumathi was discharged.

"Aanya, Varun, Both of you have left all your work and come here. You go back and resume. I will take care of Sumathi."

Prakash said.

Aanya was feeling guilty of not being with her parents when they needed her. She immediately took a decision. She was never a
person who made decisions so quickly.

"Papa, I am coming back here."

"What?" Prakash was surprised hearing this.

"I cannot leave you and Mama alone here. It's my duty to look after you. I have been so selfish, thinking only about myself. I am resigning my job and coming here. No more arguments." Aanya said and went away.

It took Aanya one month to complete all her pending tasks in office. She was so busy during this time that her mind and heart were completely away from Varun. Varun still made it a point to visit Aanya or talk over phone.

Varun had also confessed to Priya about his love for Aanya. Priya was angry when she heard about it. She had even stopped talking to Varun for few days. It then realized upon her that she had left Varun all alone and Aanya's company was what he had. And with time she came to terms with Varun's love for Aanya. Varun, Priya and Aanya still remained good friends.

Two years had passed by. Aanya was now busy looking after her parents and her new job in Ooty. She now worked as a English lecturer in one of the colleges.

She had not visited Bangalore even once in those two years.

Varun visited Ooty once in a while to meet Aanya. But he never brought up the topic of their love. She also met Aman whenever he came to Ooty to meet his parents.

Aanya's parents had brought up the topic of her marriage many times. But she had very cleverly avoided it. The biggest change was in Priya's life. She was now happily married as per her parents wishes.

Aanya was cooking dinner when she got a call.

"Hi Aanya, Hope you remember about our next week plan." It was Varun on the other end.

"Yes. I am waiting to meet you all."

"Hey.. same here."

Varun and Priya came over to Ooty to meet Aanya. Varun's mother had also accompanied him. Since Aman was also in Ooty at that time, she invited him. All of them were sitting and talking when Aanya suddenly called Varun and took him out.

"Varun, I am now sure."

"Sure about?"

"I am sure that I love you." Aanya smiled at him.

Varun was in a state of sweet shock.

"These two years though we were away from each other, we were still together. We should get married soon." Aanya continued.

"Oh Aanya... I am so happy."

Aanya ran inside to inform her parents. Everyone was glad to hear the news.

"This time you both are coming with me to Bangalore. No more arguments." Aanya hugged her parents.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: >> Love and Only Love <<   >> Love and Only Love << Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

>> Love and Only Love <<
Page 1 of 1