RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaaGaM GloBaL ChaT FoRuM

Never Blame any Day In Your Life. Good Days Give You Happiness. Bad Days Give You Experience. Both Are Essential In Life. All Are God's Blessings.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChaT
Latest topics
» The Girl Next Door
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm by Anjali

» The Role Play
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:37 pm by Lekha

» Yealae Yealae Dosthu Da Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm by Selection

» Vaan Engum Nee Minna Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:17 pm by Selection

» Othaiyila Ulagam Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:11 pm by Selection

» Kadal Naan Thaan Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:07 pm by Selection

» Ennai Saaithaale Song Lyrics From Endrendrum Punnagai Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 pm by Selection

» Oru Nodi Piriyavum Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Selection

» Kooda Mella Kooda Vachi Song Lyrics From Rummy Movie
5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:25 pm by Selection

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anjali

Anjali

5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Empty
PostSubject: 5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System   5 Best Relationship Lessons from the Joint Family System Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:22 pm

While the existence of the joint family system has been prevalent in the Indian culture for a long time, not many other cultures have been exposed to the same. On the debate on the joint family, one of the first advantages of a joint family is related to parenting, For example; when working parents can leave their child with the in-laws instead of a maid, the sense of safety is much more. Having said this, here are the other positive lessons that one can learn from the system of joint families.

Solution to Arguments

I quote a friend of mine, ‘When my husband and I fight, my mother in law always supports me.’ Nowadays, with the frequency of disagreements between couples rising, and ego often coming into play, the presence of elders in the family does help. The advice and mature thoughts that they give, many a times, helps to put an end to squabbles and find amicable solutions to issues. That’s where this system scores over the nuclear family on the debate on the joint family.

Sharing of Expenses

With the rising cost of living, one of the advantages of a joint family over the nuclear family lies in the sharing of expenses. While it is true that there are families where the inflow of finances rests on the shoulders of only one working member, most of the times the expenses get shared between the father and the son, two brothers etc. The grandfather of one of my child’s friend tells me very honestly, ‘I am thankful that both my sons contribute to the house’s expenses. I would not have been able to manage on my own.’

Sharing of House Work

Between nuclear and joint family, the former means no option but to do all the work yourself, whereas the presence of other family members, as in a joint family system, helps in sharing of the workload. For example; if one takes up the work of cooking one day, another can do the work of cleaning up. My sister-in-law tells me, ‘It’s wonderful to be living together because I never have to worry about who will cook when I am rushing to fetch my kids from school.’

Creation of a Learning Environment

One of the advantages of a joint family system most definitely lies in the creation of a learning environment for everyone. Be that with respect to parenting, in the kitchen, or even about the world’s happenings over an evening cup of tea. There are surely moments when there is a collision of ideas and opinions, but if every member of the family can live with an open mind, then there is a lot one can discover from the others.

Security for Senior Citizens

Robberies and murders of senior citizens are abounding in today’s world. And most of the times it is when they are living alone. However, for those who stay together, the level of security is much more. This is true even in the case of sudden health emergencies that are associated with an aging family member. This is where the latter scores in the discussion of nuclear versus joint family. A seventy year old lady from my society complex says, ‘When I know that my son and daughter in law are sleeping in the other room, I feel more confident of myself.’

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1